BASA FASA 6 hour Online Renewal Course - Networking and Troubleshooting Basics Non-MEMBER
FASA/BASA Online Renewal - Networking and Troubleshooting Basics has been approved by the Florida Electrical Contractors Licensing Board as meeting the Florida Statute 489 for Alarm System Agents and Fire Alarm System Agents. (ECLB Provider #0000856 / Course Numbers: BASAce 0801751 FASAce 0801752)
PRICE: $125 non-members.
This 6 hour FASA BASA course provide a good foundation for those wanting to learn more about networking basics and the foundation of how equipment gets connected and communicates. In addition, core troubleshooting concepts will be covered including techniques to diagnose and fix issues occurring in intrusion and fire alarm systems.
There are four steps to complete this course and attain a renewed BASA/FASA System Agent ID Card:
- Complete all components of the online course including spending 6 hours in the online portion.
- Provide proof of your identity at the beginning and end of the course using the U-Card Proctor U process. NOTE: Requires a web-cam, microphone, and government issued picture ID.
- Pass the end of course online exam with a 75% or higher.
- Submit the BASA/FASA ID Card request form.
Once all of these steps have been completed you will be issued a renewed BASA/FASA ID card.
ECLB Provider #0000856
This course presents the material necessary to meet the renewal requirements of Florida Statute 489 for Alarm System Agents and Fire Alarm System Agents.
- Class Schedule:
- Must spend 6hours in online course, pass the online assessment, and confirm their identity via UCard Proctor U.
- Time Limit to Complete :
- 365 days before course access expires
If the student has completed less than ¼ of the course and a request is made to cancel, a refund is available less a 25% administrative fee. Students may choose to transfer their funds to another ESA/NTS provided course if less than ¼ the course has been completed. Transfers will not be issued until the class materials, including the course manual, is returned in like new condition to ESA/NTS. Fund transfers cannot be made to non-ESA/NTS courses due to the varied payment terms established by the Training Providers. Cancellation requests made beyond one-quarter through the course will not be refunded or transferred.
Refunds should be expected within thirty days of receipt of returned materials. Returns should be sent to: Attn: Returns ESA/NTS, 6333 North State Highway 161 Irving, TX 75038
Returned items should include a letter regarding the nature of the return, include the student’s name, telephone number and email address.
Detailed Course Outline:
Florida FASA BASA Online Renewal Course - Networking and Troubleshooting Basics
Course Number BASAce 0801751/FASAce0801752
Subjects Covered include:
- Networking Fundamentals
- Understanding Networks & Topologies
- LAN & WAN Architecture
- Troubleshooting Networks
- Troubleshooting Intrusion Alarm Devices
- Identify common troubleshooting issues for intrusion panels
- Define troubleshooting symptoms, problems, and solutions for all 3 methods of connecting devices to the panel
- Identify troubleshooting methods for burglar system components
- Explain troubleshooting symptoms, problems, and solutions for both powered and non-powered devices
- Troubleshooting Fire Alarm Devices
- Explain the components of a fire/life safety alarm system and how they interrelate
- Describe how to troubleshoot fire panels, NAC, power supplies and other components of a system
- Identify how to troubleshoot powered and non-powered devices typical to a fire/life safety alarm system