Troubleshooting Closed Circuit Video Systems CEU
PRICE: $25 for ESA members / $35 Non-Members
This one-hour online course provides students an overview of video surveillance devices, the common problems and the frequency of occurrence. Potential causes and solutions for issues that can occur at the monitor as well.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Explain the most common problems and how frequently they occur.
- Identify specific corrective actions to take based on the state of the output at the monitor.
- Describe a simple problem resolution procedure.
- Describe a ground loop, testing procedures, and ground loop isolation transformers.
- Explain how to test for proper termination.
ESA Members receive a discount on National Training School courses. You will have the option to update the price based on your ESA membership status once the item has been added to your cart you Check Out. ESA Membership will be validated post purchase.
What to Expect in the Online Course:
The course is delivered using a presentation style that is built off the exact same content covered in our instructor led course. The presentation includes text,audio, graphics, videos and activities to help you absorb the information presented. This course has a short quiz at the end which you will be required to pass with a 70% or greater to complete the course.
NOTE: Not all state regulatory agencies allow online courses for licensing or CEUs. Please check with your licensing agency prior to taking this course for licensing.
AL-Alabama Electronic Security Board of Licensure (AESBL)
LA-Louisiana Office of the State Fire Marshal: Life Safety & Property Protection Advisory Board (LSPPA)
Louisville, KY-Louisville Metro Police Department (LMPD)
MS-Mississippi Office of the State Fire Marshal: Electronic Protection Systems Division
NC-North Carolina Department of Public Safety: Alarm Systems Licensing Board (NC DPS-ASLB)
NJ-State of New Jersey: Division of Consumer Affairs
TX-Texas Department of Public Safety: Private Security Bureau (TX DPS-PSB)
TN-Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance: Alarm Systems Contractors Board
- 1 hour
- Class Schedule:
- Must spend 1 hour in class
Detailed Course Outline:
- Video Surveillance devices
- Determining the problem
- Causes of major issues
- Simple problem resolution
- Weak Video: Insufficient Lighting, Improper Termination, Improper cabling installation, Exceeded cable distance
- Backlight Compensation
- Impedance switch
- Checking for proper terminations
- Choosing the right cable
- Interference problems
- Basic Coaxial Specs
- Amplifiers and Distribution Amplifiers
- Distorted Video
- Testing for Ground Loops
- Line Lock Synchronization
- Types of Power required by Cameras
- Low voltage – AC and DC
- Over current protection
- Benefits of distributed power supply
- Distributed AC and DC
- Basic Monitor Setup
- Format of the camera
- Examples of termination using connectors
- Procedure for compression seal BNC connectors
- Auto Iris
- Power considerations
- No video
- Troubleshooting Recorders
- DVR/NVR Troubleshooting