This course, followed by a two-hour examination, is an advanced look at the design and installation of intrusion systems. Students learn how to select and install proper equipment in a variety of intrusion system applications. The course provides basic electronics instruction and how it pertains to system design, component selection and troubleshooting, as well as information on system testing, commissioning and project management.
- Practical application of electronics
- Practical application of controls
- System power
- Input and output
- Networking and Communication
- Advanced systems and devices
- Testing and commissioning
- Project management
- Residential and commercial sensor application
+ INCLUDED IN THIS PURCHASE
A print manual and proctored exam with a pre-approved testing facility is included in this purchase.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN A LIVE VIRTUAL CLASS
This is a live instructor-led class that is held virtually. This course will allow you to get the full benefit of a live instructor teaching a course without the travel time or expense. You are able to interact with the instructor and ask questions all from the comfort of your home or office. In order to participate, you are required to have the following equipment:
- Computer or tablet with high-speed internet
- Webcam (Daily attendance will be taken and the instructor must have a visual of you during the entire class)
- Full audio via phone or computer (Computer audio requires a microphone)
- Quiet place to access the online course that provides little to no distractions.
Please be aware that if you need to use this course for licensing or towards one of ESA’s certifications you will need to take the proctored exam with a verified proctoring service. Once you complete the course, you will be provided instructions on where and how to take your proctored exam. Please notify us if you do not receive this email in 2 business days. The exam will be open book, using your course manual and is compiled of 50 multiple choice questions. You must pass the exam with a 70% or higher. You will have six months to successfully complete the exam process.
Who Should Attend? Technical staff (installation, service, and maintenance).