This 6-hour FASA BASA course provides a good foundation for those wanting to learn more about networking basics and the foundation of how equipment gets connected and communicates. In addition, core troubleshooting concepts will be covered including techniques to diagnose and fix issues occurring in intrusion and fire alarm systems.
- Understanding Networks & Topologies
- LAN & WAN Architecture
- Troubleshooting Networks
Troubleshooting Intrusion Alarm Devices
- Identify common troubleshooting issues for intrusion panels
- Define troubleshooting symptoms, problems, and solutions for all 3 methods of connecting devices to the panel
- Identify troubleshooting methods for burglar system components
- Explain troubleshooting symptoms, problems, and solutions for both powered and non-powered devices
Troubleshooting Fire Alarm Devices
- Explain the components of a fire life safety alarm system and how they interrelate
- Describe how to troubleshoot fire panels, NAC, power supplies and other components of a system
- Identify how to troubleshoot powered and non-powered devices typical to a fire life safety alarm system
What to expect in this course: Requires a web-cam, microphone, and government issued picture ID. Pass the end of course online exam with a 75% or higher. Submit the BASA FASA ID Card request form. Once all of these steps have been completed you will be issued a renewed BASA FASA ID card.