This course prepares you to become a Fire Alarm Systems Agent (FASA) or Burglar Alarm Systems Agent (BASA) in the state of Florida. By the end of this course and included test, you will have an understanding of the industry and your role within the industry. You will be able to explain the importance of codes and standards, how to locate them, and how to apply them. You will be able to define basic installation procedures and the underlying technology behind the various security system tools and equipment. The FASA BASA course will provide you with the knowledge you need to perform entry-level responsibilities within the many facets of the electronic life safety and security industry. Whether you are a sales representative, or an installation technician, this course will prepare you to tailor an application for commercial or residential, plan for and initiate a successful installation, act responsibly while on the job, as well as effectively communicate with customers and others in the industry.
- Industry Overview
- Access control
- Job safety
- Alarm management False Alarm Prevention Methods
- Alarm systems
- Fire systems
What to expect in this course: The course is delivered using a presentation style that is built off the exact same content covered in our instructor led course. The presentation includes text, graphics, videos and activities to help you absorb the information presented. Each module is concluded by a knowledge checkpoint quiz to make sure you have understood the core concepts presented. The course ends with a comprehensive assessment test that you must past with a 75% or greater to complete the course. Your time will be tracked in the course and you must spend 14 hours interacting with the course materials.
There are four steps to complete this course and attain a BASA FASA System Agent ID Card:
- Complete all components of the online course including spending 14 hours in the online portion.
- Provide proof of your identity at the beginning and end of the course using the U-Card Proctor U process.NOTE: Requires a web-cam, microphone, and government issued picture ID.
- Pass the end of course final assessment with a 75% or higher.
- Submit the BASA FASA ID Card request form. Once all of these steps have been completed you will be issued a BASA FASA ID card.
Who should attend: Technicians, service personnel, installation personnel, sales staff, and business owners.