This course, followed by a two-hour examination, provides specific training on developing an installation plan based on field conditions and project requirements. Whether preparing plans for a factory’s monitored suppression system with seemingly minimal requirements or designing a voice evacuation system for a movie theater complex, plans should be developed by persons experienced in the proper design, application, installation and testing of commercial fire alarm systems.
The course focuses on providing a more advanced level of knowledge gleaned from national codes regarding proper detector selection, required coverage for specific building occupancies, as well as documentation and plan submittal requirements.
- Determine protection criteria
- Identify statutory requirements by occupancy type
- Additional system design requirements
- Owner’s protection goals
- Other hazards
- Defining project scope
- System types and features
- Emergency control function interfaces
- Choosing initiating devices
- Choosing supervisory components
- Choosing notification appliances
- Fire system programming
- Submittal package preparation
- Other important documentation
- Plan preparation project
What to expect in this course: This is a live intructor-led class that is held virtually. This course will allow you to get the full benefit of a live instructor teaching a course without the travel time or expense. You are able to interact with the instructor and ask questions all from the comfort of your home or office. In order to participate, you are required to have the following equipment:
- Computer or tablet with high-speed internet
- Webcam (Daily attendance will be taken and the instructor must have a visual of you during the entire class)
- Full audio via phone or computer (Computer audio requires a microphone)
- Quiet place to access the online course that provides little to no distractions.
Please be aware that if you need to use this course for licensing or towards one of ESA’s certifications you will need to take the proctored exam with a verified proctoring service. Once you complete the course, you will be provided instructions on where and how to take your proctored exam. Please notify us if you do not receive this email in 2 business days. The exam will be open book, using your course manual and is compiled of 50 multiple choice questions. You must pass the exam with a 70% or higher. You will have six months to successfully complete the exam process.
Who Should Attend? Fire alarm system designers, fire alarm project managers, fire alarm plan reviewers, fire alarm company owners, senior fire alarm technicians, commercial fire alarm salespersons, architects and engineers
+ INCLUDED IN THIS PURCHASE
A print manual and proctored exam with a pre-approved testing facility is included in this purchase.