INCLUDED IN THIS PURCHASE
An e-manual and proctored exam with a pre-approved testing facility is included in this purchase. Prefer print? Add the course’s printed manual to your cart.
This Texas fire alarm license course will provide individuals with the knowledge and skills to:
- Have the code knowledge and practical technical skills needed to install and maintain residential fire alarm systems
- Expand their business services to include residential fire alarm systems
- Offer current and prospective customers the code-required system test and inspection services included in today’s fire alarm codes
Texas Fire Alarm License Topics
Codes and standards
Texas Insurance Code 6002
2013 NFPA 72
Communication Methods and Monitoring
Maintenance and Testing
What to expect in this course: This is a live intructor-led class that is held virtually. This course will allow you to get the full benefit of a live instructor teaching a course without the travel time or expense. You are able to interact with the instructor and ask questions all from the comfort of your home or office. In order to participate, you are required to have the following equipment:
- Computer or tablet with high-speed internet
- Webcam (Daily attendance will be taken and the instructor must have a visual of you during the entire class)
- Full audio via phone or computer (Computer audio requires a microphone)
- Quiet place to access the online course that provides little to no distractions.
Please be aware that if you need to use this course for licensing or towards one of ESA’s certifications you will need to take the proctored exam with a verified proctoring service. Once you complete the course, you will be provided instructions on where and how to take your proctored exam. Please notify us if you do not receive this email in 2 business days. The exam will be open book, using your course manual and is compiled of 50 multiple choice questions. You must pass the exam with a 70% or higher. You will have six months to successfully complete the exam process.