This two-hour online course provides students an overview of electronics and control panel considerations when conducting access control installations.
- Explain and show electrons moving through a circuit to aid in troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate an understanding of panel grounding and how to bond to a ground source.
- Demonstrate a testable knowledge of series and parallel circuits.
- Describe the application of electronics throughout the alarm system.
- Define panel types, the parts and functions of each, and functionality limitations.
- Identify all aspects of various inputs and outputs.
- Identify all types of user control devices.
- Describe how devices manage data (in relation to operation).
What to expect in this course: The presentation includes text, audio, graphics, videos and activities to help you absorb the information presented. This course has a short quiz at the end, which you will be required to pass with a 80% or greater to complete the course.