INCLUDED IN THIS PURCHASE
An e-manual and proctored exam for each of the bundled courses is included. Additionally, this purchase includes the comprehensive CFAD exam. Proctored exams must be taken with a pre-approved testing facility. Prefer print? Add the course’s printed manual to your cart. Make sure to add each manual you wish to purchase to your cart by using the links below:
- Certified Alarm Technician Level I
- Fire Alarm Installation Methods
- Life Safety Code
- Professional Fire Alarm Design
This Certified Fire Alarm Designer (CFAD) certification bundle will give you access to all of the online courses included in this certification path in one bundled package. Access to the courses is sequential and once the first class is completed you will automatically be registered and given access to the next course in the bundle.
Once you have completed the online courses and passed the exams, please email NTS@esaweb.org or call NTS at 972-807-6800 to request registration in a Virtual Professional Fire Alarm Design (PFAD) class. See here for a schedule of PFAD courses.
After all courses and their proctored exams are complete, you can email NTS@esaweb.org or call NTS at 972-807-6800 to be enrolled in the comprehensive CFAD exam.
Certified Fire Alarm Designer (CFAD) level 3 is an equivalent alternative to NICET level 3, providing a different route to certification — all for a one cost-effective, bundled price that includes print manuals and proctored exams for each of the four included courses — a total of 59 hours of training. ESA’s CFAD is also approved by the following AHJs as an alternate to NICET level 3:
- Alaska – ESA Certified Fire Alarm Designer (CFAD) is approved for IC and IC-DO permits
- Iowa– ESA Certified Fire Alarm Designer (CFAD) is approved for Fire Alarm System contractor
- Louisiana– ESA Certified Fire Alarm Designer (CFAD) is approved for Qualifier-Fire Alarm
- Tennessee– ESA Certified Fire Alarm Designer (CFAD) is approved for Qualifier
- Texas– ESA Certified Fire Alarm Designer (CFAD) is approved for Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent (APS) license
- Washington– ESA Certified Fire Alarm Designer (CFAD) is approved for fire alarm design review
To ensure students are learning exactly what is needed to become a successful ESA Certified Fire Alarm Designer, each course in this alternative to NICET level 3 certification is further broken down into easy-to-digest modules, ending with a comprehensive assessment that must be passed by 80 percent or higher to be able to take the final proctored exam and receive certification.
courses in this bundle include:
Certified Alarm Technician Level I - 22 hours
Fire Alarm Installation Methods - 14 hours
Life Safety Code - 7 hours
Professional Fire Alarm Design - 16 hours
This course is offered live only. Students will be registered for the next available course offering once previous classes have been completed.
What to expect in a certification bundle: The presentations includes text, audio, graphics, videos and activities to help you absorb the information presented.