INCLUDED IN THIS PURCHASE
An e-manual and proctored exam with a pre-approved testing facility is included in this purchase. Prefer print? Add the course’s printed manual to your cart.
The Electronic Access Control (EAC) course will provide the latest information students need to successfully design and install an electronic access control system. The primary focus of this course is to equip learners with knowledge on the most common devices and methods to connect them. Students will learn how to assess the customer’s needs, what to look for when performing a site survey, and then how to translate the data into an effective system.
- Building Codes
- Locks and Barriers
- Entry Devices
- Exit Devices
- Powering Components
- Controllers and Processors
- Wiring Methods
- System Design
- Common Errors and Solutions
WHAT TO EXPECT IN A VIRTUAL LIVE CLASS
This is a live instructor-led class that is held virtually. This course will allow you to get the full benefit of a live instructor teaching a course without the travel time or expense. You are able to interact with the instructor and ask questions all from the comfort of your home or office. In order to participate, you are required to have the following equipment:
- Computer or tablet with high-speed internet
- Webcam (Daily attendance will be taken and the instructor must have a visual of you during the entire class)
- Full audio via phone or computer (Computer audio requires a microphone)
- Quiet place to access the online course that provides little to no distractions.
Please be aware that if you need to use this course for licensing or towards one of ESA’s certifications you will need to take the proctored exam with a verified proctoring service.
Who Should Attend? Technical staff (installation, service, and maintenance)