FASA BASA Course Description
The FASA BASA course prepares you to become a Fire Alarm Systems Agent (FASA) or Burglar Alarm Systems Agent (BASA) in the state of Florida. And, by the end of this course, you will have an understanding of the industry and your role within it. You will be able to explain the importance of codes and standards, how to locate them, and how to apply them. You’ll be able to define basic installation procedures and the underlying technology behind the various security system tools and equipment.
The FASA BASA course provides you with the knowledge you need to perform entry-level responsibilities. Whether you are a sales representative, or an installation technician, this course will prepare you to tailor an application for commercial or residential, plan for and initiate a successful installation, act responsibly while on the job, and effectively communicate with customers and others in the industry.
To become certified, you must pass the FASA test at the end of this course. After completing the course, spending the required 14 hours in the online portion and providing proof of your identity, you will be able to take the FASA test. Read below for a more detailed description of steps to become certified.
- Industry Overview
- Access control
- Job safety
- Alarm management False Alarm Prevention Methods
- Alarm systems
- Fire systems
WHAT TO EXPECT IN A LIVE VIRTUAL CLASS
This is a live instructor-led class that is held virtually. This course will allow you to get the full benefit of a live instructor teaching a course without the travel time or expense. You are able to interact with the instructor and ask questions all from the comfort of your home or office. In order to participate, you are required to have the following equipment:
- Computer or tablet with high-speed internet
- Webcam (Daily attendance will be taken and the instructor must have a visual of you during the entire class)
- Full audio via phone or computer (Computer audio requires a microphone)
- Quiet place to access the online course that provides little to no distractions.
Please be aware that if you need to use this course for licensing or towards one of ESA’s certifications you will need to take the proctored exam with a verified proctoring service. Once you complete the course, you will be provided instructions on where and how to take your proctored exam. Please notify us if you do not receive this email in 2 business days. The exam will be open book, using your course manual and is compiled of 50 multiple choice questions. You must pass the exam with a 70% or higher. You will have six months to successfully complete the exam process.
There are four steps to complete this course and attain a FASA BASA System Agent ID Card:
- First, complete all components of the 14hr course.
- Second, provide proof of your identity at the beginning and end of the course. NOTE: Requires a web-cam, microphone, and government issued picture ID.
- Lastly, Submit the FASA BASA ID Card request form. Once all of these steps have been completed you will be issued a FASA BASA ID card.
Who should attend: Technicians, service personnel, installation personnel, sales staff, and business owners.
For more courses approved in Florida, click here.