INCLUDED IN THIS PURCHASE
An e-manual and proctored exam with a pre-approved testing facility is included in this purchase. Prefer print? Add the course’s printed manual to your cart.
This Texas fire alarm license course will provide individuals with the knowledge and skills to:
- Have the code knowledge and practical technical skills needed to install and maintain residential fire alarm systems
- Expand their business services to include residential fire alarm systems
- Offer current and prospective customers the code-required system test and inspection services included in today’s fire alarm codes
Texas Fire Alarm License Topics
Codes and standards
Texas Insurance Code 6002
2013 NFPA 72
Communication Methods and Monitoring
Maintenance and Testing
What to expect in this course: This is a live instructor-led class that is held virtually. This course will allow you to get the full benefit of a live instructor teaching a course without the travel time or expense. You are able to interact with the instructor and ask questions all from the comfort of your home or office. In order to participate, you are required to have the following equipment:
- Computer or tablet with high-speed internet
- Webcam (Daily attendance will be taken and the instructor must have a visual of you during the entire class)
- Full audio via phone or computer (Computer audio requires a microphone)
- Quiet place to access the online course that provides little to no distractions.
Per state regulations, you will need to take the closed book Texas Residential Fire Alarm proctored exam with a pre-approved testing facility once the course has been completed and pass with an 80% or higher.
More details on arranging and scheduling a proctored exam will be provided during class and after class.