This three-hour online course provides a review of the electrical basics required for the installation and maintenance of alarm systems. This course will help individuals review the theory of electricity, building basic circuits and how to troubleshoot circuits.
- Current, voltage, and resistance as well as the unit of measurement and symbol used for each
- Resistors and how to identify resistor ratings
- Conductors and different conducting materials
- Insulators and different insulating materials
- Theory of circuits such as simple series and parallel circuit
- How to find all the values of a circuit when provided with the necessary information
- The formula for finding power using Watt’s Law and Ohm’s Law
- How to create both series and parallel circuits to see the differences in working with each
- Basic theories of troubleshooting
- How to use a VOM meter to measure voltage, current, and resistance
What to expect in this course: The course presentation includes text, audio, graphics, videos and activities to help you absorb the information presented. This course has a short quiz at the end which you will be required to pass with a 70% or greater to complete the course.