This foundational course, followed by a two-hour examination, provides students with an understanding of the industry and their role within it and provides the essential knowledge and skills for all forms of electronic security: intrusion detection, fire detection, video surveillance and access control. Level I trained professionals perform higher quality work more efficiently leading to greater productivity and higher profits for employers.
Certified Alarm Technician Level I will provide individuals with the knowledge and skills to:
- Plan for and initiate a successful installation while being able to tailor it for commercial or residential applications
- Act responsibly and safely while on the job
- Communicate effectively with customers and others in the industry
- Understand the importance of codes and standards and how to locate and apply them
- Define basic installation procedures and compare the underlying technology behind the various security system tools and equipment
- Pursue advanced and specialized training that can lead to enhanced profits and increased compensation for the student credential holder
- Industry introduction
- Alarm management
- Power supplies
- Control panels
- Perimeter sensors
- Interior sensors
- Alarm systems
- Fire systems
- Notification devices
- Wiring methods
- Tools & Equipment
- Closed Circuit Video
- Access Control
- Related Systems
- Client relations
- Job safety
+ INCLUDED IN THIS PURCHASE
An e-manual and proctored exam with a pre-approved testing facility is included in this purchase. Prefer print? Add the course’s printed manual to your cart.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN A VIRTUAL LIVE CLASS
This is a live instructor-led class that is held virtually. This course will allow you to get the full benefit of a live instructor teaching a course without the travel time or expense. You are able to interact with the instructor and ask questions all from the comfort of your home or office. In order to participate, you are required to have the following equipment:
- Computer or tablet with high-speed internet
- Webcam (Daily attendance will be taken and the instructor must have a visual of you during the entire class)
- Full audio via phone or computer (Computer audio requires a microphone)
- Quiet place to access the online course that provides little to no distractions.
Please be aware that if you need to use this course for licensing or towards one of ESA’s certifications you will need to take the proctored exam with a verified proctoring service.
Who Should Attend? Technicians, service personnel, installation personnel, sales staff, and business owners.