This 2-hour course provides students with knowledge of household fire alarm systems, including control panels, smoke detectors, heat detectors, placement of detectors, notification devices, power supplies and documentation for customer.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify monitoring considerations unique to household fire alarm systems.
- Indicate locations on various home floor plans where smoke detection is required, and areas to be avoided.
- Describe the various wiring provisions unique to residential fire systems.
- Identify the recommended testing schedules for various household fire alarm system components.
- Identify the documentation that must be provided to the residential fire system customer.
- Control panels
- Smoke detectors
- Heat detectors
- Placement of detectors
Circuit Faults: Short
- Notification devices
- Power supplies
- Documentation for customer
What to expect in this course: The presentation includes text, audio, graphics, videos and activities to help you absorb the information presented. This course has a short quiz at the end, which you will be required to pass with a 80% or greater to complete the course.