This fire alarm technician training course provides broad training for attendees to learn proper installation and service requirements for commercial fire alarm systems based on NFPA and ICC codes. NFPA now requires that fire inspection and testing personnel be knowledgeable and trained, and that service personnel be qualified and experienced. Therefore, this fire alarm training course provides the information needed for installers and service technicians to become familiar with fire alarm system requirements necessary to gain certification and prove competence.
If you are searching for a fire alarm technician training course for certification in commercial fire alarm system installation and service, this course is for you.
- Fire Alarm System Introduction
- Codes and Standards
- Fire Alarm System Fundamentals
- Operation of Initiating Devices and IDC Circuits
- Initiating Devices – Spacing and Location
- Emergency Control Functions
- Notification Appliances and Circuits
- Communication & Reporting
- Testing, Inspecting, and Maintenance
- Fire Alarm System Documentation
- NEC Fire Alarm Wiring Methods
- Carbon Monoxide Detection
- Emerging Technologies
What to expect in this course: First, this presentation includes text, audio, graphics, videos and activities to help you absorb the information presented. After that, this course has a short quiz which requires a score of 70% or greater to complete.
Who should attend: Individuals seeking fire certification, technical staff, sales personnel, business owners, fire service and code officials.