This course is designed to expand and refresh your knowledge of the communications and notification devices used for the electronic security and life safety industry.
In this course, we cover how communications equipment, and their settings, can hinder the signal transmissions for the alarm system. Knowing what equipment is used and their common problem areas are key to diagnosing and choosing the right solution.
Troubleshooting communication problems are critical to ensuring the alarm system is doing all it can to protect your customers and getting them the help they need when they need it.
- Identify current and past communication methods.
- Describe digital communications equipment.
- Explain common DACT problems, tests and solutions.
- Describe cellular communication problems, tests and solutions.
- Explain network communication, problems, tests and solutions.
What to expect in this course: The presentation includes text, audio, graphics, videos and activities to help you absorb the information presented. This course has a short quiz at the end, which you will be required to pass with a 70% or greater to complete the course.